The new MRC National Mouse Genetics Network Director’s Fund is an annual award for a total of £200000 in the first year and £100000 for the following years of the Network’s lifespan.
Individual awards will range between £20000 and £100000 for projects typically running for periods of 6 to 18 months.
The funded project will be aligned with the Network’s ongoing activities and could be:
- Projects proposed by network associates related to cluster research
- Inter cluster projects suggested by network member
- Technology priming projects that support the network or a specific research cluster
- Projects that aim to use the new models developed by the NMGN
- Projects that offer to bring in specific knowledge or contributions to the network